Professional Development Presentation led by Jennifer Hawken
For MVCS clinicians and supervisors
Open to all interested MVCS staff
Saturday May 20 9am-12pm
In Person at MVCS Early Education & Care Center
RSVP here to sign up
- Quantify the impact of suicide globally, nationally, and on individuals
- Build knowledge base regarding biopsychosocial theories of suicide
- Increase confidence in suicide risk assessment
- Develop skills in safety planning and suicide prevention
- Learn strategies to cope with suicide, personally and professionally
Jennifer Hawken is board certified in adult psychiatry, consultation-liaison psychiatry, and addiction medicine. She completed her medical education at Eastern Virginia Medical School in 2015 and residency at Brown University in 2019. She also completed a fellowship in consultation-liaison psychiatry at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Prior to working at MVCS, she was the director of the consultation liaison psychiatry team at Mass General Brigham Salem Hospital.
Are you ready for a rewarding new career with great pay, great benefits, and on-the-job training? Crane Appliance is now accepting new candidates for their Appliance Repair Technician training program starting this Spring.
Learn about this exciting new opportunity at their Open House on Thursday, March 23 at 6pm, located at Crane Appliance, 529 State Rd. in Vineyard Haven.
Speakers, live demos and refreshments on site.
This Open House is free and open to everyone.
Call 508-564-3324 for more information.
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED is geared towards anyone involved in childcare who have a duty to respond to illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. Including: childcare workers, teachers, camp counselors, etc. Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years. This certification is REQUIRED to become a licensed Early Childhood Educator, and is free of charge to you!
In this course, you will learn:
- First aid basics including medical, injury, poison, and environmental emergencies, preventing illnesses and injuries and controlling bleeding & bandaging. Covers topics like using a tourniquet, shock, internal bleeding, burns and electrical injuries, allergic reactions, breathing problems & dehydration, diabetes & low blood sugar, heat-and cold-related emergencies, drowning, amputations, bites and stings, broken bones and sprains. Also covers splinters, nose bleeds, fainting, seizures, and injuries to the head, eyes, neck, spine, mouth, and teeth.
This six hour training is scheduled over two Thursday evenings at MVCS, March 23rd & March 30th, from 6pm-9pm. You must attend both sessions. If you plan to attend, please RSVP to the March 23rd event below (registering for the first class covers your registration for both classes).
In this course, you will learn how to use Excel spreadsheets for managing data associated with the offshore wind farm project. We will go over copying and pasting and moving data between spreadsheets. You will also learn mathematical operations using simple formulas and functions for summation, averages, largest value and others. You will also learn some tips for workingwith large spreadsheets, including using multiple worksheets in a workbook, searching for values, and sorting and filtering data.
Interested in beginning or advancing your career in Early Childhood Education?