Building Trades is an umbrella term used to categorize a variety of jobs and careers related to home building, maintenance, carpentry, construction, as well as related technical fields such as electrical, plumbing and HVAC contractors. Technical Trades and trainings refer to specific trainings and credentials that may or may not be related to building and construction.
Throughout all of our Building & Technical Trade Pathways you’ll find an emphasis on RENEWABLE ENERGY. We are committed to providing our community and employers with the skills necessary to transition away from fossil fuels and towards renewable energy sources. See our Offshore Wind Pathway for more….
Through a partnership with Upper Cape Tech as well as the Regional High School’s CTE program we are able to offer training tracks that lead to the ability to sit for the state licensure exam to become a Journeyman Electrician.
Through a partnership with Contractor Success and Martha’s Vineyard Regional High School, we offer an annual prep course for sitting for the Construction Supervisor License.
Our pathways programs include:
BUILDING CONSTRUCTION AND TRADES
- Electrical Journeyman Code & Theory modules 1-4
- Construction Supervisor License exam prep
- Hoisting License exam prep
- Fertilizer Application Island and State Compliance & Best Practices
- Pesticide Application State Compliance & Best Practices
- Offshore Wind Basic Technical Training
- Offshore Wind Technician Certification
- Protected Marine Species Observer
- Drone Technician
For more information about current offerings, contact Jeni at email@example.com.