Landscapers: It's time to earn or renew your fertilizer license!
License is required for lawn fertilizer applicators operating on Martha's Vineyard.
A local business can obtain 1 license with up to 5 delegates (employees) under it.
Lawn Fertilizer Applicators License Class & Exam
1 Day Workshop, 9am-3pm
Saturday, March 18
MVRHS PAC (Performing Arts Center)
Fee for license prep course & exam (does not include cost of license):
Prepaid registration $99
Walk-in registration $109 (credit cards and business checks only - NO CASH
Brazilian Portuguese language services available:
This one-day workshop covers regulations, best management practices and spreader calibration for both Massachusetts and Martha's Vineyard, concluding with an open-book test that will allow you to apply (or re-apply) for a fertilizer applicators license in your town.
- This course is primarily for landscapers and gardening companies.
- The license pertains only to turf, ie lawns covered in grass.
- Licenses last for 3 years (extended due to pandemic).
- A local business can obtain 1 license with 5 delegates (employees) under it.
- Cost of license is not included in class fee.
- Materials and exam will be translated into Brazilian Portuguese.
- Brazilian Portuguese interpreters will be available on site.
For further information about MV town fertilizer regulations and to determine whether you need a license, click here.
- Regulations: Matt Poole, Health Agent, Edgartown Board of Health
- Best Management Practices: Mary Owen, Extension Educator & Specialist, Turf, UMass Amherst
- Spreader Calibration: Chuck Wiley, Owner, Vineyard Gardens
If you are unable to register here, please email email@example.com or call/text 508-693-9222.
Brazilian Portuguese interpretation services and translated materials available!
Martha's Vineyard Town Boards of Health